Thursday 25 August 2011

The importance of compassion

This blog is not only about the physical aspects of health and well-being, but also about the mental and spiritual sides of it. To me, the easiest way to feel good, on the inside, is to do good.


Emma talked about compassion in her post about the Dalai Lama, and he is definitely on to something. When I first started working here at the airport in Helsinki, I had a hard time because of the nature of my job. I felt I wasn't doing any good at all, quite the opposite, and that there was no purpose what-so-ever to what I was doing every day. After a talk with my dad, he made me feel a little better about it, by telling me that the importence does not lie in what you do, but how you do it. If I meet every single one of my customers with true compassion and treat them each like an individual person, I am already making a difference. I try to keep this in mind every day at work, and at other times too.

It shouldn't be a secret to anyone that love is what makes the biggest difference in this world. So in my opinion, in order for love to truly be all around, we need to spread it. Each and every one of us. So why not try to do one good deed every day, one thing that is completely unselfish and from which you expect nothing in return? Who knows, what goes around might just come around.

If you respect someone, love someone, appreciate someone, just see someone as important in your life, tell them! There is not enough of that in the world. I feel like in our society people are scared of being told nice things, and I don't think that's how it should be. Remember to say please and thank you, to wish people a good morning, and to treat everyone like they matter, because they do. And so do you!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment