Wednesday 7 September 2011

21 day cleanse

On Monday I embarked upon my very first 21 day cleanse, which I found in a book called Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr. The deciscion to do so had been made a long time ago, when I bought the book, and I'd just been waiting for "the right time" which we all know is whenever you want it to be. So I quit making excuses, and decided to go for it.

The cleanse in the book isn't really what I was expecting, I thought it would be more like fasting. Turns out it's just 21 days on a vegan, whole raw food based diet. Low-carb, no alcohol, no nicotine, no caffeine, no sugar, no nasties. This is actually exactly what I need, and a super good way to start your new life. A life in which I plan to ditch pretty much all carbs, all gluten, definitely all dairy, and try to have an about 70% raw diet. Nothing too challenging you know.

The first day I started with was is to be my breakfast every day for the coming three weeks, a green juice filled with veggie goodness. It was the first time I used my brand new juicer, which I fell in love with immediately. If there is even the slightest bit of the "destoyer" gene in you, you will love this appliance. Can there be a better way to start your day than to watch celery, broccoli, apples, kale, romaine lettuce and ginger be shredded and pressed for every single drop of juice in them and the end result is you left with a big glass of green tastyness? The answer is no.



For lunch I had an eggless-egg-salad for two days, and for dinner a huge kale salad and some quinoa salad. This has all been quite a winning combo, and today I had one of the tastiest quinoa beetroot salads I've ever had. I still haven't managed to buy a blender (my old one is at my sister's apartment as my living arrangements at the moment are quite a mess) so I haven't had that big of a variety in my foods. What strikes me as the biggest change with this diet is, once you let go of basing your whole meal around carbs, which is what we do most of the time, you are left with so many choices I sometimes have a hard time choosing what to eat. I have the entire produce section of the store available to me, and my options are limitless, so I don't see it as a very hard thing to continue with these eating habits for a long long time.

I have also noticed a lightness i haven't had before, my body feels weightless and I feel like I', able to do pretty much anything. So to conclude this post, I can say that, three days in, I can definitely recommend this to everyone.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment