Friday 25 January 2013

Quick avocado and garlic lunch



I've been sick for over a week now, but today I decided I want to eat something proper and of course easy since I'm really low on energy. I came up with a healthy mix from stuff I had at home, and it turned out delicious even if I couldn't quite taste everything.. I think this might become a lunch classic for me!

What you need (for 1 person):


Noodles or pasta, I used buckwheat noodles but you can use whichever kind
olive oil
half a small onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 avocado
alfalfa sprouts
the juice from half a lemon
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
some other healthy oil, I used camelina
salt


1. While the noodles are boiling, cut the onion and fry quickly in olive oil.
2. cut the avocado.
3. When the noodles are done, remove the water. Put them in a bowl and add the fried onion, crushed garlic, alfalfa, salt, oil, and avocado. Mix and then sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and lemon juice.

I think this can also be eaten cold, so it's fine to prepare it in the evening and take it with you to work the next day for example.


Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment