There is also no Christmas here without gingerbread so I had to make up a recipe for those too :)
200 g organic butter (you can use coconut oil if you don't eat dairy)
2 dl coconut sugar
1,5 dl agave syrup
2 organic eggs
8 dl wholemeal organic spelt flour (buckwheat flour can also be used)
2 dl organic potato flour
2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tsp ground cardamom
3 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cloves
a pinch of salt
freshly ground black pepper
1. Leave the butter out to soften for a while and beat into smaller pieces.
2. Add the coconut sugar to the butter.
3. Bring the agave syrup to boil and slowly pour the hot syrup in with the butter and sugar. Mix until even.
4. Add the eggs and turn until even.
5. Mix all the dry ingredients (except the black pepper) in another bowl.
6. Little by little, add the flour mixture into the dough and keep turning. Use your hands when the dough gets thick.
7. Shape the dough into a ball and wrap with clingfilm. Put into the fridge overnight.
8. The next day, pour a little flour on a table and roll out the dough with a rolling pin (we used a sigg bottle..). Use gingerbread-molds to press the gingerbread into their shapes. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper to get a nice little kick. Lift the breads onto a baking sheet with baking-paper and bake in 200°C for ca 5 min, or until they gain some colour.
I probably won't have time to post anything tomorrow, so Merry Christmas everyone!!
Lots and lots of love,